Hi,

This doesn't sound right, are you sure? Response time is calculated from the
moment the request was sent to the moment when the last bit of the response
was received. So it can't include wait times. If your sampler would do some
processing (for example the beanshel sampler), the response time might
include processing time and it is obvious when the test machine is
overloaded.

Are you noticing the problem only when using transaction controller?

(I have to admit, this sounds like a problem of the application-under-test,
its usually is in circumstances like this)