On 21 September 2011 14:08, kootsoop <koots...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback!
>

> Oliver Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> Do you also get different response times?
>>

> Yes, I get different response times because the system under test is taking
> longer to respond when under higher load.
>

> Oliver Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> And are you pacing these requests using timers or are they just going as
>> fast as they can?
>>

> No, there are no timers, it's just running as fast as possible.  However,
> it's strange that the server seems to think "as fast as possible" is slower
> than either the GUI client or the non-GUI client.

The server cannot respond any faster than JMeter is able to drive it;
however it may respond slower. in which case JMeter will wait for it
to respond before sending the next request in the thread.

If the server is having problems, then the sample elapsed times will
normally start increasing.

The JMeter server sends back the samples to the client after the
sample has finished, but before the next sample can occur, so any
delays in returning the sample to the client will slow down the rate
at which the thread can issue requests to the server. This is
equivalent to adding a delay after each request.

So you need to compare the elapsed times. If these are similar in both
situations, then the server is behaving the same.

Then compare the gaps between sample requests. If these are much
longer than expected from the test plan, it's likely that the
server-client communication overhead is causing a problem.