On 27 September 2011 20:05, forfano <forf...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Lads,
>
> I am wondering if someone could give me a practical help on how could I
> avoid the 501 error (Method not implemented) during the recording which I am
> doing using HTTP proxy server.
>
> I can explain the issue:
> During recording the browser submits the following :
> GET
> http://ciweb10.homologacao.extranet.teste:8280/ciweb/buttons.do?buttons=VOL&buttons=ADL&buttons=LIM&buttons=AJU&titulo=Proponente/Arrendatário&trancode=V034791002&subtitulo=855550009876-2
>
> This ends up with a sample failed in the View tree listener and therefore my
> page is not displayed but the error 501 Method not implemented.
>
> The cause of this error is due to the word ...../Arrendatário&.... It is
> using an accented Portuguese character "á" instead of use the html code for
> it.
>
> I know that the page should had been designed correctly (using html codes)
> but as a load tester I would like to bypass it just like the normal browser
> (IE, Firefox) does.
>
> So how could modiy such characters on the fly before trying to parse it on
> the http proxy server? I saw some pre-processors components and I am not
> sure if I could use then during recording and if I can which one and how
> would be the best way.

No, Pre-Processors do not currently apply during the recording phase.
Might perhaps be a useful feature; feel free to raise a Bugzilla enhancement.

However, you can change the recorded script later to fix the conversion.

The problem then becomes - how to get past the failure?
One possible method is to temporarily disable the browser proxy
setting, get past the login, and then enable the proxy to continue
recording.