Early results look like the HttpClient 3 is increasing its memory usage at a
much slower rate than the HttpClient 4 jmx was doing.

I am still using dist however, did you intend for me to test HttpClient 3 on
2.5.1-RC3?

Additionally, I seem to be getting an increased error rate with HttpClient
3, approx 1% of all results.

The HTTP response codes per second plugin listener suggests these are
HTTP_Non HTTP Response code: java.net.SocketException.

I'm putting together a long run which I'll leave for the next few hours and
see how memory usage performs.