This appears to be an Internet Explorer 7 bug -- arrays are not passed
the same way as they were before to the applet.  I've uploaded a Jmol.js
fix for this at

http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/examples_11/Jmol.js

and also

http://jmol.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/*checkout*/jmol/trunk/Jmol/appletweb/Jmol.js

Bob

Angel Herráez wrote:

>Hi, I'm trying to use jmolLoadInline()
>
>It works well in Firefox and Opera, but in IE 6 and IE7 I get this error:
>
>Runtime error
>line: 377
>Error: java.Lang.Exception: java.Lang.Exception: loadInlineString{0} :method
>does not exist
>
>The applet and Jmol.js are latest from Bob's site (11.5.22dev)
>
>Looks like some code problem in Jmol.js incompatible with IE. I had never used
>inline
>
>The model data (MOL format) is being loaded from a textarea, using
>
><input type="button" value="transfer Molfile data"
>onClick="jmolLoadInline(document.getElementById('molData').value)">
>
>Upn clicking on that button, I get an alert (by the scripting error handling)
>with this error.
>Firefox and Opera report no javascript errors.
>
>Any help will be appreciated

Robert M. Hanson
Professor of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900