According to a previous report of mine (which went into doc. in the  Wiki)
in MOL format files, bond type 8 (described as "any") used to be interpreted by
Jmol as
partial bond. Now I see it is not so; bond is not drawn.

I'd like to know if this is intended, or I was wrong, or it is a bug in recent
versions.
11.5.46 and 11.4.5 do not draw any bonds for type 8
11.3.11 draws them as partially double, or no bond, depending on the atom or
its
neighbors?.

I understand that since MDL doc does not assign "partial" meaning to type 8, if
may be more
sensible for Jmol not to interpret as so. However, no bond at all where a bond
is specified is
not a faithful solution either.

While I am at it, I also see that type 4 (aromatic) is rendered as partially
double by 11.3.11
but as alternating single and double bonds by 11.4.5. I guess that's a
conscious
consequence of the recent "aromatic" and "calculate aromatic" commands, right?
I'd rather prefer that the aromatic-specified bonds are drawn as partially
double, but I won't
push for it. Just want to mention is case it is an inadvertent change.

Well, there's even more. Here's a summary across versions:

bond type 4
11.3.11:  aromatic (partially double)
11.4.5:  alernating single and double bonds
11.5.46dev (8 july 08):  aromatic (partially double)

bond type 8
11.3.11: partially double !!
11.4.5: no bond
11.5.46dev (8 july 08): no bond in some cases, double in others!!

I also note that in 11.5.46, some single bonds are drawn as double