In revision 10022, dleidert has changed the tags for languages (used in the
pop-up menu)

I also think this sounds better this way, but there is a side effect: as far as
can see, Jmol orders the entries in the language menu alphabetically.
With the new tags, both English variants will likely end up separate. I don¡t
think that's wise.

Please, verifiy that point.
Maybe
"English, US"
or "English, American"
and "English, British" ?

We do have already
"Portuguese - Brazil"
which stays beside
"Portuguese"

Dash or comma? All should be the same

Another solution (which may be better anyway given that the alphabetical
order only stays for English menu, not for other languages) could be to use
the language code for the order. That way, all language variants will stay
together irrespectuive of their actual wording.