Hi all

While trying to setup a custom pop-up menu, I have found some problems that
apply even
to the default menu
(tested in applet, 11.6.9)

What I did was open the app and type
        show menu
Then I saved the text as Jmol.mnu; I also made a copy and edited to my taste,
saving as
simpleBio.mnu

The problems I have apply both to my custom menu and the default Jmol.mnu

I load the menu for the applet using

jmolInitialize(".")
jmolSetCallback("menuFile", "Jmol.mnu")
jmolApplet( ....

Problem #1:
Some entries have a "Text" token at the end of their name. They do not get
through, they
are displayed as such in the popup menu.

Examples:
atomsText
bondsText
        etc.
modelMenuText
selectMenuText

Problem #2:
A few entries have an internationalized text + a fixed string. Both get written
when the menu
is displayed.
As a result, they do not get localized in the custom menu, because the full
text string does
not exist in the translation table.
These are them:

nonWaterSolvent | Nonaqueous Solvent (solvent and not water) = SELECT solvent
and not
water
exceptWater | Nonaqueous HETATM (hetero and not water) = SELECT hetero and not
water
Ligand | Ligand (hetero and not solvent) = SELECT ligand

if I edit them to
nonWaterSolvent | Nonaqueous Solvent = SELECT solvent and not water
exceptWater | Nonaqueous HETATM = SELECT hetero and not water
Ligand | Ligand = SELECT ligand

then they get localized Ok (of course without the trailing text string shown by
default)

These 5 do not get localized either, which seems to be related to the {0}
parameter present
in the PO file rather than in the  resulting text string in the .mnu file:

surfSolvent14 | Solvent Surface (1.4-Angstrom probe) = isosurface delete
resolution 0
solvent 1.4 translucent
surfSolventAccessible14 | Solvent-Accessible Surface (VDW + 1.4 Angstrom) =
isosurface
delete resolution 0 sasurface 1.4 translucent
UNITCELLone | Reload {1 1 1} = save orientation;load "" {1 1 1} ;restore
orientation;center
UNITCELLnine | Reload {444 666 1} = save orientation;load "" {444 666 1}
;restore
orientation;center
UNITCELLnineRestricted | Reload {444 666 1};display 555 = save orientation;load
"" {444
666 1} ;restore orientation; unitcell on; display cell=555;center visible;zoom
200

Finally, these entries do not show in the menu at all:
APPLETjmolUrl | http://www.jmol.org = show url "http://www.jmol.org";
APPLETmouseManualUrl | Mouse Manual = show url
"http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Mouse_Manual";
APPLETtranslationUrl | Translations = show url
"http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Internationalisation";

But they are not included either when no menu is loaded.
That seems due to "removeMenuItem(menu, i);" in org/jmol/popup/JmolPopup.java,
line
631
What's its purpose?

In summary, I think that some changes to the structure of the menu have been
applied at
some time and have not being implemented for the menu-loading mechanism.