Bob,
        I may be able to make this work.  It will be in a new fiscal year so
I can probably get travel funding.  I'd be willing to help with either
workshop.  Is workshop 1 appropriate for the webexport function or do
we want an even lower level workshop?

        I may also have to be there as a member of the Computers in Chemical
Education Committee.  I haven't decided whether to accept the
invitation to participate yet.

Jonathan
On Aug 27, 2009, at 3:59 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:

> I'm interested in offering two workshops at  BCCE 21
> http://www.bcce2010.org/workshop/workshop.php
>  . Who would like to help me present these? (Or suggest better
> descriptions?) I'll definitely need help on this.
>
> Workshop 1: Introduction to Jmol
>
> In this workshop, participants who are unfamiliar or relatively new
> to using the Jmol Molecular Visualization Applet will get a chance
> to build one or more web pages with guidance. Depending upon
> interest, this page could involve any level of chemistry from high
> school through college and any area from general chemistry to
> biochemistry or other advanced topic. No web page design experience
> necessary. Participants are recommended to bring their own laptop if
> available. $25 fee includes the book, "How to use Jmol to study and
> present molecular structures (Vol. 1)" by Angel Herráez. Limit: 24
> participants.
>
> Workshop 2:  Advanced Jmol Techniques
>
> In this workshop, participants will share Jmol-related projects that
> they have designed (or imagine designing) with other like-minded
> folk. We'll compare notes, share tricks, try out cutting-edge Jmol
> techniques of scripting and web page design, and propose new
> features for Jmol development. Limit: 12 participants. Personal
> laptop recommended.  $10 fee includes a CD with numerous example
> pages and scripts written by Bob Hanson.
>
> Bob
>
> --
> Robert M. Hanson
> Professor of Chemistry
> St. Olaf College
> 1520 St. Olaf Ave.
> Northfield, MN 55057
> http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
> phone: 507-786-3107
>

> If nature does not answer first what we want,
> it is better to take what answer we get.
>
> -- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900

                          Dr. Jonathan H. Gutow
Chemistry Department                                 gu...@uwosh.edu
UW-Oshkosh                                           Office:920-424-1326
800 Algoma Boulevard                                 FAX:920-424-2042
Oshkosh, WI 54901
                  http://www.uwosh.edu/faculty_staff/gutow/