I have found out that MOL files exported by Jmol, using the "write" command,
fail to be
opened in PowerMV, a free SDF viewer.
So I've gone into finding the cause, and it is that
1. PowerMV is picky on the MOL/SDF format
2. Jmol exports do not fit the MDL spec in some aspects

So I am working on an export better fitted to the MDL-Symyx spec.
I already have some fixes for the atom and bond lines, now I am looking into
the header
lines.

Draft comments are being added to
http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/File_formats/Export

Doubt:
Is there a special purpose or a use (other than informative) for  the current
content of the 2nd
and 3rd lines?

line 2 has full Jmol version and build date
line 3 says "EXTRACT:" and a description (since a subset of the model can be
exported)

I mean, will I break something if I change or regorganize the contents of those
lines?
(Right now, line 2 does not fit the spec. I'd like to add program name  and the
"3D" code in
the proper columns of line 2)

Any comments are welcome