SO glad you spotted that! I'm on my way to Washington, DC, tomorrow, and
this is all very key to what I'm talking about!  It's related to a feature
change that I'm hoping only my code would be affected by, but perhaps not:

Previously, Jmol.evaluate would return a string such as "({8:30})" when an
atom set was returned. This now returns an array [8,9,10,.....,30], which
I am figuring is more useful. But those specific pages are checking for a
SMILES match between  JSME and Jmol:

                var jmeSMILES = this._getSmiles();
                // testing here to see that we have the same structure as
in the JMOL applet
                var s = "{*}.find('SMILES', '" +
jmeSMILES.replace(/\\/g,"\\\\")+ "')"

*                var jmolAtoms = (jmeSMILES ? jmol._evaluate(s) : []);
            var isOK = (jmolAtoms != "ERROR" && jmolAtoms.length > 0);*

The last two lines there needed revision.

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Angel Herráez <angel.herr...@uah.es> wrote:

> All test files for JSME to JSmol communication are broken, both in the
> 14.0.10 distribution and in StOlaf pages
> http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/jsme.htm
> http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/jsmetest.htm
> http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/jsmetest2.htm

Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900