On 04/11/2014 08:11 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:
> Found it. BTW I really DO NOT recommend using JmolAppletSigned.jar.
> JmolAppletSigned0.jar is less than half the size.

On the other hand there are systems where using JmolAppletSigned0.jar
leads to a delay of several minutes until Jmol and a PDB structure are
loaded while using JmolAppletSigned.jar doesn't show this delay.

We couldn't figure out why this problem occured on this particular
system (Windows 7 Laptop, all major browsers, latest Oracle Java).
We just found out that replacing the jar file solved the problem.

So you have to decide if you want to make your page almost unusable for
some people just to make loading a little bit faster for people who
don't have your Jmol applet in their cache.

Regards,
Rolf

--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228