Thank you very much for the fix!
These are indeed unrelated issues.

I add the applet to the Dom using getapplethtml and jmol.setdocument(0)
The resizing does work on my desktop and it works on my tablet for small
molecules. But it fails for macromolecules (seems totally unrelated but it
happens)
The jmol wrapper divs are not duplicated, only the inner <canvas>
When I delete the old one manually, everything works just fine.
Is the canvas reference stored as object? (In this case, I'm probably
constructing jsmol twice producing this error)

On Sep 7, 2014 12:53 AM, "Robert Hanson" <hans...@stolaf.edu> wrote:

> Sorry - that was in response to your other message, about multitouch.
>
> I am not seeing any issue with Jmol.resizeApplet(appletid, width, height)
>
> Looks to me like you do not have an applet with id "JSmol".
>
> These are two unrelated issues, right?
>

> On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Robert Hanson <hans...@stolaf.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I think I found it. It will be part of 14.3.7 and 14.2.7, probably later
this weekend.

>> On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 5:14 PM, Herman Bergwerf <hermanbergw...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> On my tablet, Jmol.resizeApplet(JSmol, [w,h]) creates a new canvas
insead of resizing the existing canvas causing JSmol to become useless.
>>> The console also told me this:
>>> Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'processTwoPointGesture' of
undefined

>>> Strangely, everything is alright in the current stable version of my
application: http://molview.org which uses a slightly older version of
JSmol.