Kent, this is not an easy thing at all to describe. Basically a lot of
customization was done. I have now converted two other programs (JSpecView
and AztexViewer)  The first took *me* a month, and the second took 10 days.
So I am getting better at it, but it is no simple task to describe how it
is done. If you have any GUI, it's probably not possible at this point.
I've got that somewhat set up, but it is quite primitive.

Bob

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM, R. Kent Wenger <wen...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:

> I maintain some software for the BioMagResBank (http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/)
> that's written in Java and incorporates Jmol.  Because of the recent
> issues with Java security, we're investigating converting the whole thing
> to JavaScript.  Hopefully we can use JSmol as a pretty direct substitute
> for Jmol, but we have quite a bit of our own Java code to convert.
>
> We're hoping that we can do at least a good chunk of the conversion with
> java2js, but I haven't had much luck with that tool so far.  I downloaded
> and installed apache cxf, but when I run java2js I *always* get this
> error:
>
> JavaToJS Error :
> org.apache.cxf.tools.common.toolspec.parser.BadUsageException: Missing
> argument: classname
>
> As I recall at least some of the Jmol to JSmol conversion was done with
> java2js -- I'm hoping that someone on this list can point me at least a
> little bit in the right direction in getting java2js to work...
>
> An actual example of using java2js, even on super-simple Java code, would
> be really helpful.
>
> Kent
> --
> R. Kent Wenger (wen...@cs.wisc.edu, 608-262-6627,
> http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~wenger/)
> Computer Sciences Department
> University of Wisconsin-Madison

Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
Chair, Department of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900