I can see pretty much how Integration.java works, or at least I think I can see.

From what I can tell, this is the relevant piece of code:

jmolPanel.viewer.setJmolCallbackListener(console);

This sets the AppConsole as the callback listener, and as a result the
information I'm looking for is printed into the console that's under the
viewer. I'm not sure
how to use this information to either:

a) intercept that information and use it in Java variables

b) print that information into a JTextArea rather than a console (which I'm not
using)

-PJ