IDTF does work correctly now, but you have to use the additional LaTex file
generated by Jmol to orient it, because that is where the orientation
information is. (IDTF was designed specifically to *not* allow specifying
of orientation. Go figure!)

Bob

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 3:43 AM, Angel Herráez <angel.herr...@uah.es> wrote:

> > thank you. fixed. Are people still using IDTF?
>
> Yes, hardly anyone, given the amount of information that can be found
> online. Still, there is some life -- see [1]
> But I am picking again the idea of producing PDFs with 3D models, and IDTF
> -> U3D is the only route.
> I just found that Power PDF fron Nuance lets you insert a u3d file in a
> PDF, together with all the other content, very easily and visually within
> the GUI. So I am giving it a try. Seems t work very nicely except for wrong
> zoom / position of the model.
> With a price of 39€ for the Education version of the software, it's worth
> the effort. Much nicer than learning Latex.
>
> [1]
> Embedding and publishing interactive, 3-dimensional, scientific figures in
> portable document format (PDF) files. Barnes, Vidiassov et al. (2013)
> doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0069446

Robert M. Hanson
Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry
St. Olaf College
Northfield, MN
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900