Experimenting with version 10.x.38b and FireFox 1.5.0.6 on Win-XP I find that
the command "script MyScript.txt" might execute immediately or might hang for
many seconds. This whether it is executed from a script on load, from a
jmolMenu list or from the Console. In the latter case the Console writes
"pending" while waiting, but then executes the script some seconds later with
no error message. This even with a very simple script. Other commands within
jmolMenu execute immediately.

A separate problem is that jmolMenu does not give a menu list with MSIE
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp... It just writes out the menu items as text. The same
jmolMenu works fine with FireFox.

I am now trying (unrelated) to use picking to switch on/off bonding/polyhedra
for elements selected by clicking. That should be possible, but I haven't yet
succeeded :-)

Alan.
PS, I now have animated polyhedra with multiple CIF frames working fine on:
http://icsd.ill.fr/icsd/help/CIF-help.html
Dr Alan Hewat, ILL Grenoble, FRANCE<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>fax+33.476.20.76.48
+33.476.20.72.13 (.26 Mme Guillermet) http://www.ill.fr/dif/AlanHewat.htm