On Aug 9, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Philip Bays wrote:

> I have updated my machine to a iMacIntel. I am running 10.4.7, thus
> far without the latest security update.   While I am pretty sure
> things were working with jmol yesterday, today I find that safari
> will not load the jmol aplet.   I get a javascript error; but I am
> pretty sure it is because the applet did not load so that it is not
> seen to load a molecular structure into it.  In fact, the java
> console never opens, indicating to me that it is not recognizing
> the call for the applet.
>
> I have looked at the page successfully using a G4 with safari
> (10.4.5).  It runs fine on the intel mac using any of the mozilla
> browsers or shiira.  Omniweb and Opera still do not like it.
>
> Any one with a clue; is this an intel issue, or more likely, a
> 10.4.7 issue?

I am running 10.4.7 on a MacBook, and I can load Jmol in Safari
without trouble (from http://jmol.sourceforge.net/).  it sounds like
a site issue; can you provide a url to test that does not work for you?

regards,

tim
--
Timothy Driscoll                                em: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
molvisions - see. grasp. learn.                 ph: 919-368-2667

"Anyone who considers arithmetical methods of producing random digits
is, of course, in a state of sin."  - J von Neumann