Well, I don't know... Please send the file for which this is a problem and
also the state script from

show state

just prior to giving that command. Here's what I see using the application:

load =1crn
select within(branch,{4.N},{4.ca})
326 atoms selected

Are you using the application or the applet? The fact that you are seeing
"pending" suggests to me that this is not 11.6.RC10. As I recall, I removed
that message some revisions back. Or, at least, I'm not seeing that message
anymore.

Bob

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900