Bob,
Bingo! I do feel dumb now. Your comment was the clue I needed:

"The fact that you are seeing "pending" suggests to me that this is not 11.6.RC10. As I recall, I removed that message some revisions back. Or, at least, I'm not seeing that message anymore."

I had revised this line:
<script language="JavaScript" src="../jmol-11-6-RC10/Jmol.js"></script>
but failed to change the jmolInitialize statement (which loads from a different file) to:
jmolInitialize("../jmol-11-6-RC10").  Having done so has resolved the problem.
Sorry for distracting you from other more important issues. I really appreciate all of your work and readiness to help us users.
Steve

Dr. Steven R. Spilatro
Department of Biology and Environmental Science
Marietta College