OK, now I see I need to be in the same directory as the Jmol app. Done. The window size has changed, thank you for clarifying how to do this. Now - is there a command to change its starting location on screen, which currently places 90% of the window off my display?
Gratefully,
Frieda

On Sep 12, 2008, at 4:32 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:

Someone more familiar with Macs help me out here....

You need a terminal window and a prompt. At the prompt, on a PC at least, you type

> java -jar jmol.jar -h

That starts the program and assumes that the path to "java.exe" is known to the system. If you can get that working, then you start Jmol using

  java -jar jmol.jar -g600x600

and you should be good to go.

Bob