Hi Vinu

El 25 Sep 2008 a las 12:31, vinu manikandan escribió:

> I had mailed the Jmol users blog couple of times, may be i was not
> clear in my question that's why ididn'tget any answers.

Maybe. Anyway, the list is so active that sometimes messages just
drop down too quickly. Don't hesitate to insist.

> Sir this is the code i used in my CGI script.
> <Html>
> <Body><script type="text/JavaScript">jmolInitialize("jmol")</script>
> <script type="text/JavaScript">
> jmolApplet(150, "1UW5.pdb; select all; color green; select 1-
> 55;color red; select all; spacefill off; wireframe off;cartoon");

First, I think you need   "load 1UW5.pdb;
you probably have it already, or the molecule would not load at all.

> Sir the values "1" and "55" is not static it will change. But the PDB
> structure will be the same.The values are coming from another
> program.

But, will the page be reloaded with the new values? Then, there is no
way to avoid loading the model again. But the browser should load it
from the cache, so there is no delay.

> My problem is that with such a script the Jmol loads the PDB
> structure every time andbecauseof that mybrowsercrashes
> frequently.

This is the problem, but it should not happen irrespective of your
page code. Please, specify which browser version and Java version you
are using. Try another browser to see if the problem is still there.

> Is there any way such that Jmol loads the PDB structure one Time but
> mapping can be done without loading the structure again and again.

If you can have a setup where the other program provides the new
values without reloading the page, then you could achieve what you
want separating the script for the load line, for example with a
button or better a javascript event.

If you tell me how your other program can provide the new "mapping"
to the page (e.g. in a form or a javascript variable), I can tellyou
how to put that part separate from the model loading.
If, contrarly, the program provides a full page reload, then there is
no possibility to avoid reloading the pdb model.