Hi,

Over the years, I have been using RasMol 2.6.4 (from Roger Sayle) for
interactive rendering of a 3DNA-specific rectangular schematic
representation of base and base-pair geometry. As an example image, please
see:
http://rutchem.rutgers.edu/~xiangjun/3DNA/jmol/3dna_bp-rasmol2-6-4.png

Recently, I am considering to use Jmol as well, given the great support of
the Jmol community (as is evident from this list). While Jmol recognizes a
regular alchemy format file without a problem, it does not render my
schematic alchemy file as expected (e.g.,
http://rutchem.rutgers.edu/~xiangjun/3DNA/jmol/3dna_bp.alc): a sample image
is shown at: http://rutchem.rutgers.edu/~xiangjun/3DNA/jmol/3dna_bp-jmol.png

Essentially, I am playing tricks with the alchemy format purely as a
rendering tool by specifying explicitly each node and linkage, no chemistry
at all. Hopefully, Jmol would be able to render it as well, just as RasMol
does.

Thanks,

Xiang-Jun

--