At various times there has been lively discussion on this list about the
prospects of having "live" 3D Jmol in PDF files.
No, it's still not possible. But I thought I would put together a little PDF
that shows that you don't need to have that capability to do effectively the
same thing (at least on websites).

http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/examples-11/data/live3DJmol.pdf

Obvious limitations:

-- not transportable.
-- still requires a number of files.

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900