Michael,

OK, you definitely have my attention. Communication between Jmol and local
applications is a great idea. I have a few questions:

1) Are you doing this with the applet or the application?

2) It sounds like you are currently "talking" to Jmol with your VB code
independent of traditional applications - e.g. Excel, Word, etc. Is that
correct?

3) Have you attempted to do this with an application, say Excel, using
VBA?

>From Jmol's perspective, I think I understand why the file has to be
written, but I don't see that as a big problem. I have a few other
questions, but they are in the context of a reply to Bob's note. I think
I'll post them in another email to this chain.

Otis

--

Otis Rothenberger

Department of Chemistry