On 30 Mar 2011 at 14:46, Eric Martz wrote:
> Chrome:
> PROTEOPEDIA fails: It thinks java is disabled but it is not. I
> suspect this may be a problem with the java detection routine in Proteopedia.

Eric, this may be a known problem I detected some time ago with browser
detection in
Jmol.js, together with a recent change in Chrome handling of applets.
It affects Chrome/Mac (and reportedly should affect Safari/Mac also whenever it
is updated
to the same engine version).
The problem was fixed by me in an update of Jmol.js somewhere in the 12.x
series, but I see
that Proteopedia is still using 11.8

I haven't got the time to recollect details now, but basically it is that
Chrome and Safari will be
using the applet tag rather than the object tag, and Chrome behaviour for
applets has
changed.

It should be documented inside Jmol.js, if I remember correctly. There was also
some
discussion about it on the email list.
So the fix is either upgrade Proetopedia to use Jmol 12 (I guess you don't want
to do that
lightly) or to patch the Jmol.js it is using with the fix.

If you need help, pelase let me know