It's still there. Should work. RCSB uses this. Proteopedia, I think.

I can check that. It all depends upon the result of

Jmol.featureDetection.supportsJava()

which depends upon

navigator.javaEnabled()

Apparently that device reports TRUE for this message.

You have just spaces between JAVA and HTML5 -- no tabs or commas or
semicolons?

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Rolf Huehne <rhue...@fli-leibniz.de> wrote:

>        Hi all,
>
> I thought that there would be still an automatic switch from Java to
> HTML5 on platforms that don't offer Java at all like 'iPad' (Info
> setting = 'use: "JAVA HTML5"').
>
> Q: Is this no longer true for Jmol 14.0.1?
>
> After the upgrade of the 'Jena3D Viewer' (http://jena3d.fli-leibniz.de)
> yesterday to Jmol 14.0.1 I asked someone with an 'iPad mini, 1st
> generation' to test it and he got the following message (excerpt):
>
> "Either you do not have Java applets enabled in your web browser or your
> browser is blocking this applet."
>
> Regards,
> Rolf
> --
>
> Rolf Huehne
> Postdoc
>
> Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
> Beutenbergstrasse 11
> 07745 Jena, Germany
>
> Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
> Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
> E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
> Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de
>
>            Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
>         Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
> Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein
>
> VAT No: DE 153 925 464
> Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
> Tax Number: 162/141/08228

Larson-Anderson Professor of Chemistry

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900