Jmol users list,

I’ve noticed a change in behavior of the unitcell/draw unitcell command
somewhere between 13.3.3 and 14.1.6. I’m using it to draw representations of
multiple unit cells of simple crystal structures like bcc, fcc, etc. I use the
unitcell and draw unitcell commands to draw multiple representations of unit
cells for an expanded lattice. In the later version (including 14.1.8), the
unit cells end up "spaced out” instead of contiguous. Picture and links below.

Dean Johnston

Jmol 13.3.3 (http://crystals.otterbein.edu/packing/packing-jmol13-3-3.html)
 —> click on “simple cubic” on the left, then “Show 27 Unit Cells” on the right.

Jmol 14.1.6 (http://crystals.otterbein.edu/packing/packing-jmol14-1-6.html)
 —> click on “simple cubic” on the left, then “Show 27 Unit Cells” on the right.

<<inline: jmol14.png>>