Angel,

I am unfamiliar with the syntax you are using.

However, placing the bonds into a variable has worked for me, as in:

select {oxygen and connected(1) and connected(carbon)} or {carbon and
(connected(oxygen))}
x1={selected}.bonds
select x1
bondorder 2
select none

I use the above code to make carbonyl bonds “double”. Works for my small
peptides, but will give odd bonding structures to things like carboxylates.

Matt