2010/3/9 Marko Mäkelä <marko.mak...@iki.fi>:
> Before I start reinventing the wheel in JOSM, I would like to know if there
> is a function or plugin that allows to select a non-branching sequence of
> ways.  It would be nice if the selection function could optionally be
> restricted to the current selection, just like the search dialog, and if
> some predicates could be assigned to the ways, say, highway=tertiary or
> natural=coastline, so that any branches where the predicate does not hold
> would be ignored.

another selection-feature I'm missing quite often (maybe it is already
there and I don't know how to use it) is the use of the
selection-rectangle to select ways but not nodes. Currently if you
select by rectangle you will only select nodes, and ways completely
surrounded. The selection I am talking about would select all ways
intersected or completely within the selection rectangle, but not the
contained nodes.

cheers,
Martin