Komяpa wrote:
2010/8/12 Sebastian Klein <basti...@googlemail.com>:
Komяpa wrote:

1) Due to Landsat WMS being down and overloaded usually, we've set up
a caching WMS proxy for it.
JOSM URL is http://irs.gis-lab.info/?layers=landsat&;
Please consider updating JOSM defaults.
Do you want it to show up in the list on the bottom, or make it installed by
default instead of the standard landsat URL?
Are you sure, you can handle the traffic?
This server also provides IRS imagery for Russia for quite a long time.
I'm sure it will be able to handle traffic. So, worth trying
installing it by default.

Done.

Now, we need a convenient way to load that imagery into josm. An
extenstion to josm-remote that will load specified WMS URL will be
just fine. Hope somebody will write it, as I'm no java coder,
unfortunately.
There are some security issues when the browser has too much control over
the client software.

As far as I know, josm-remote has options that lets paranoid users
disable some of its features if they dislike that.

OK, the question is: Make it opt-in or opt-out? Let's wait till it's ready, then we can decide...

Sebastian