Hi,

I can disable rendering via higher priority style but original rendering is
already lost. In other words I can hide piste:difficulty but I can't
recover original rendering like path/track/road unless I also copy all
highways rules to my style.

It works fine with MapCSS because it has named layers - if I define
piste:difficulty as new layer and then in my style override this layer and
set width = 0 then piste is hidden and other renderings stay.

But I guess converting internal style to MapCSS is a bit overkill.

--
Jiri