On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, Simon Legner wrote:

The plugin descriptions are part of the JOSM core language file since the plugin descriptions are shown in the plugin list in the preference dialog. I don't see why one would need them also in the plugin language file.

Well, as plugin author cannot rely on that fact (e.g. for older josm revisions) in priciple this is ok. And a little double texts don't do harm.

What is the rational of having https://translations.launchpad.net/josmphotoadjustplugin when those strings are part of the normal JOSM translation process?

I think he does not want to wait ages to update the translations for his plugin. Something which I can understand. Even on a very fast machine the translation update for all takes a long time.

Ciao