On Thu, 31 May 2018, Michael Zangl wrote:

I'm not a fan of having distribution binary files in the source code repository or in any other repository that has to be at a specific place in the directory tree.

That may be the case, but it is the way it is and the task is not the reinvent the wheel, but to fix the trouble at hand.

We currently have all snapshot plugin jars including source/javadoc on the nexus server:

https://josm.openstreetmap.de/nexus/content/groups/public/org/openstreetmap/josm/plugins/

You can pull them from there if you need them for anything.

For local development, you could just check out and add the source directory of the plugin to your favorite IDE, you don't need a jar file for this.

You forget that the nexus server uses this build procedure. If it is disabled files will be gone there as well.

Ciao