Thanks for the test!

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of limodou
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 10:58 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Will this code enable & disable a submit button?

On 4/17/07, Rick Faircloth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > You would probably need to return a more complex object from the
> > server that contained a boolean in addition to your text.  Structures
> > and JSON/WDDX work well for that kind of thing.  You would then use
> > the boolean to trigger an if () statement.
>
> Ummm.... could you elaborate a little on that?  :o)

I tried the code of Sean, and it's ok, and I also can use this:

<script type="text/javascript">

  var enabled = true;
  toggleSubmit = function(form){
    if(enabled)
      $("input:submit",form).attr("disabled",true);
    else
      $("input:submit",form).attr("disabled",false);
    enabled = !enabled;
  }

</script>

I use true or false, it's the same with 'disabled' or "". I tested it
in IE 6.0 and FF 2.0. jquery 1.1.2

--
I like python!
UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://wiki.woodpecker.org.cn/moin/UliPad