Dave,

This could just be me, but I've never returned more than one value from the server via an ajax request. When I want multiple values, I use an array or a structure... or if I'm returning a fully formatted HTML page I return a single string with all of the markup in it.

I don't *think* is possible to pass back more than one value.

Chris

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to make an asynchronous ajax request in which I parse
data returned after the call.  However, the error handler is
repeatedly getting called, and the "msg" is always empty.  However, I
have verified by manually typing in the URL and params into a browser
the page works.  Here's my code

                var selectedVal = cat_elt.value;
                var url = "/admin/products/get_categories.php";
                var paramsArray = new Array();
                paramsArray[paramsArray.length] = "i=" +
ink_type_elt.value;
                paramStr = paramsArray.join("&");
                $.ajax({type: "GET",
                        url: url,