Hi there,

I've started playing with the ajax functionality of jquery and run into some quirks that I hope someone will give some advice about.

The first thing is that I have events applied to various elements for deleting/inserting records and then updating the DOM with the new content which I'm doing via taconite. I've got a list of items that when one is added or removed I replace the entire list with the latest list from the database using an ajaxSubmit to taconite. This caused some odd behaviour, or loss of behaviour. I assumed that because I replaced the content the event listeners were lost too. Now I have a callback function that resets them but this seems like a clunky way of doing things, iterating over all the elements each time there's a DOM update. What are the best/fastest methods for this sort of functionality? Adding the new record on it's own and then adding whichever event to it once it's loaded? Or do I have the wrong end of the stick entirely?

If it's easier to point me to a guide or faq about what to consider when using ajax methods extensively that would be good but I would really appreciate any advice you can give me.

   Hope that makes some kind of sense,
   Rob