From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Glen Lipka
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 9:41 AM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Getting the numeric value of the top attribute of an
object

Is top set? What does firebug/ie developer say?
Are you looking for it's placement?  You might want to use the dimensions
plugin, which can give exact placement.

Glen

On 6/4/07, Andy Matthews <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I would like to dynamically get the numeric value for the top of an object.
I'm using this code:

var inventoryObj = $('#inventory');
inventoryObj.css('top');

But it just returns "auto".

1) Am I using the correct method?
2) If so, is there a different method that I can use to get the value that I
need?

Andy Matthews
Senior Coldfusion Developer

Office:  877.707.5467 x747