You can already do that now:

encodeURIComponent = function(s) {
// your own encoding
};

But, you know, good luck with that :)

--Erik

On 6/6/07, Mike Alsup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

All the encoding is done in $.param using encodeURIComponent.  I agree
that it makes sense to modularize that a bit more.  Maybe add a
$.encode method like:

$.encode = function(s) { return encodeURIComponent(s) };

That would make it much easier for someone to pop in their own encoder
by simply overwriting $.encode.

MIke