Benjamin,

I have a scheduling program with three months worth of calendars on screen. I build the calendars empty on the server side, and then populate them with javascript. Each calendar was a table and I was storing information on each <td> like, what date was represented, whether the cell was selected, and a couple of other things.

Now, I still just quite a bit of jQuery on the page, but I'm not always searching the DOM for information, I've got a couple of structures (objects), that I search through now for certain information and it sped up a fair amount. However, I really should take a close look at this app, and maybe rewrite it from scratch, because it still doesn't pop the way it should. In fact, it's quite slow. I'm sure there's plenty that I'm doing wrong with it.

Chris

Benjamin Sterling wrote:
>I switched to a different methodology and it sped up

Can you explain what you did?  I try to give a full path to an item, ie:

$('div#car div.part')

This may be off topic a bit, but I do believe we should educate people on the fastest way to select an object.

--
Benjamin Sterling
http://www.KenzoMedia.com

--