Thanks everyone!

Chris

Jake McGraw wrote:

With some functions, its only the first item which is modified / used like:

$("a").attr("href");

Okay, everyone beat me to the punch, if you follow their directions, I
think you'll be set.

- jake

On 6/14/07, Chris Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi folks,

I've not really had a need to do this before, but is it possible to
tell jQuery that when doing a selection I just want the first one
found?

I know that I can reference the zeroth element in the array of
matches. As it happens, right now I've got a need to just get the
first occurance of x, and instead of returning all of them, I'd like
to just return the first one.

Any thoughts?

Chris

--