I´m with same trouble but that didnt work for me

$("#envia_quest").validate({
                        errorPlacement: function(error, element) {
                           error.appendTo(
element.parents("ul").find("li.aki_erro") );
                        },
                        submitHandler: function(form) {
                                        jQuery(form).ajaxForm(function(data) {
                                                if(data)
                                                        alert("Obrigado por ter
respondido esse questionário!");
                                                else
                                                        alert("Aconteceu algum
erro!!!");
                                        });
                        }//fim handler
                });//fim validate

This dont validate and dont submit =/
Wav validating before when i was using a type="submit"
but i want to use type="button"

How i can workaround this??

--

[]´s Jean