In my opinion (and only my opinion) i think that it is kinda disturbing if
we hover on one item and immediately if we hover on another item, the
accordian doesn't open for the second item.

If you look at the mootools.net home page, you see the kwick(horizontal
acoordian). I am working on something like that. I am facing the same
problem there as well. But in the mootools site, if you hover from the left
end to the right end fast, you could see that the intermediate items
partially animate...

As far as i know this can be solved using the stop() method in fx. But the
stop() method is available only as part of the interface's animation
extension. John has promised that as part of the core in 1.2 though.

So, again, in my opinion, i would favor an approach where if we hover over
one item and then immediately if we hover over the other item before the
animation of first is complete, then the animation of the first item should
be stopped in the middle and the second animation should start. That would
be ideal. But i am not sure how easy or difficult it is.

I am keen and willing to do any help that might be required.

-GTG