I'm a Javascript newbie, but I do have some Javascript working, and I
have the jQuery demo working.

Here's the code I have on one of my html pages to load javascript:

-----
<script src="http://localhost:8888/js/jquery.js"; type="text/
javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost:8888/js/
jquery.selectCombo1.2.1.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://localhost:8888/js/
your_foundry.js"></script></head>
-----

Here's the _entire_ contents of the "your_foundry.js" file:

-----
$(function(){
$('#foundry_popup').selectCombo('get_units.lasso?setval=true',
'#units_for_alloy_id_no_');
});
-----

And here's the popup, from the html:

-----
<select id="foundry_popup" name="foundry_popup">
<option value="0" selected>No Item Selected</option>
<option value="14007">Iron</option>
<option value="18521">Brass</option>
<option value="9040">Steel</option>
</select>
-----

The anomaly is that, I can set breakpoints on the javascript in the
your_foundry.js file, and, according to Firebug, the code in that file
is never called, even when I select an item from the popup.

What am I missing?

Thanks very much in advance to all for any info..