This does not seem to work for me.  Could it be the version of jquery
we are using?  We are using an older version, version 1.0.3.  Do you
know if this is supported in that version?  I tried replacing the "//
do some stuff here" line with simply "alert("hello!");", but this
alert is not executed whenever any select statement is changed.