Gerson Goulart escreveu:
Jörn Zaefferer escreveu:

Gerson Goulart schrieb:

Hi all!

I'm not a programmer (and don't speak English), but I'm trying to do
both. =D

I'm looking for a simple solution to do a simple tree menu like the
Windows Explorer during some days. All solutions I find are terible,
in my opinion (including dtree ) :p

I decided to do a very simple tree menu using JQuery and HTML
unnordered list. However I only applyed the funtionality in the first
<li><ul> node. (Do you can comprehend what I'm speaking?)

Can someone help me?

Have you ever looked at my treeview plugin?
http://dev.jquery.com/view/trunk/plugins/treeview/

It may still need a bit CSS tuning, but otherwise its running fine.
I'm nearly there to release a new version that includes both location
and cookie based persistance. And you can add nodes to the tree.

-- Jörn

Your  treeview sounds realy interesting! Good Job!

I analyzed prudent all the code and really I liked.  However I find that
it is much sophisticated for my present need... I am making an effort to
have a code with the maximum of 10 lines.

I looked in jquery.treeview.js for a solution to fix my code, but it is
very complicated to my knowledge about _javascript_/jQuery.

Anyway I very thank the hint. Really it is a very good work. Some day I
will know to program like this ;)

There I need alone uncover because the line:

  $("#body-menu-div li>ul").parent().each(function() {

does not catch every <li> that contains an <ul> on this code:

<script type="text/_javascript_">
$(document).ready(function(){
  $("#body-menu-div li>ul").parent().each(function() {
    $(this).toggleClass("hide")
    $(this).html( "<a href="" class=\"expand\"></a>" + $(this).html() );
    $(this).children(".expand").click(function() {
      $(this).toggleClass("collapse")
      $(this.parentNode).toggleClass("show")
</script>

Thanks,
Gerson

I understood wrong?  Or is this a bug in jQuery? (I try many other CSS and XPath selector and no of them functioned).

Thanks.