Hi all.  I'm working on a little design assistance script/plugin/not sure yet
in jQuery.  The intent is to be able to have jQuery automatically draw
alignment grid lines over the page so that I can visually line up other
elements on the page.  Code follows:

----------
jQuery.grid = function(settings) {
  jQuery.extend(settings, {
    color: '#000',
    spacing: '20px',
    orientation: 'horizontal',
    thickness: '5px'
  });

  var wrapper = jQuery('<div>').addClass('wrapper').css({
    zIndex: 999,
    position: 'absolute',
    top: 0,
    left: 0,
    height: '100%',
    width: '100%'
  });
  jQuery('body').append(wrapper);

  for (var i=0; i < 100; i ++) {
      var div = jQuery('<div>&nbsp;</div>')
        .css('border-bottom-width', settings.thickness)
        .css('border-color', settings.color)
        .height(settings.spacing)
        .width('100%');
      wrapper.append(div);
    }
};

$(document).ready(function() {
  $.grid({});
});
----------

When I run the above (using jQuery 1.2.1), all of my divs are created
properly.  I can confirm in firebug that that I get 100 divs (later to be "as
many as needed", when I get there), and that all have a style tag with the
proper CSS rules in it.  However, I get no border.  I've tried changing the
border color, border thickness, spacing... the divs create, but no border
lines appear.

I don't know if this is technically a jQuery question or not, but does anyone
have an idea why it could be misbehaving?  Alternatively, has someone already
done this and saved me a lot of trouble? :-)

--
Larry Garfield                  AIM: LOLG42
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson