Chili is probably your best bet. I whipped up a little example that does a
little post processing to add line numbers:

http://erikandcolleen.com/erik/projects/jquery/chililineno/

There might already be an option for it in Chili, and there's probably a
smother way to apply it than I'm doing, but I'm in a hurry, and what I did
works, so it should at least get you started. It would probably be nice if
this was just an option to Chili.

Only tested on FF2/Mac.

--Erik