I would not have been able to post the page since it¹s an internal app.

However, I commented out the $('#docform').ajaxForm();
When it submitted the form as normal, I was able to see what the server was
returning and there was an error in the JSON.  That is now fixed and I¹m
working on the next step.  So, ajaxForm is working just fine ­ beautifully
in fact.