Dear Folks,

I have been having a problem with the jquery foucs function not
working in IE 7.  I have a small piece of code showing a textbox that
is initially hidden.  Below is a simplified framework of the function
that does the opening

function (textbox_id)
{
     jQuery('#' + textbox_id).show();
     jQuery('#' + textbox_id).focus();

     var textboxObj = document.getElementById(textbox_id);

     if (typeof textboxObj.addEventListener != 'undefined')
     {
           textboxObj.addEventListener('change', sendUpdate, false);
           textboxObj.addEventListener('keypress', openNext, false);
     }
     // Fix for IE browsers
     else if (typeof textboxObj.attachEvent != 'undefined')
     {
          textboxObj.attachEvent('onchange', sendUpdate);
          textboxObj.attachEvent('onkeydown', openNext);

The above code works in Firefox and Opera but does not seem to work in
IE 7.
Please do let me know if there is a way to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Yours sincerely,
Nandu
05 Jul 08